Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Yahoo Video: Beauty On A Budget


I am a highly introverted person that only becomes a chatterbox with my family and closest of friends. When producer and journalist Jeanie from Yahoo Personal Finance asked if I would like to be part of a video focusing on beauty on a budget I was nervous beyond explanation of words but accepted the opportunity.

The video focuses on 6 Must-Have Drugstore Beauty Products Under $10. It is geared towards women who would like to have quality makeup products that don't break the bank. To prepare for this makeup, I asked all of my fellow pro makeup artists what drugstore products they swear by and carry in their makeup kits.

Although I personally don't carry many drugstore products in my pro kit, I have had the opportunity to work on pro teams for some of the larger named drugstore brands for events, fashion week shows and products launches, therefore allowing me to play with them and apply their cosmetics on the everyday woman.

These are my top drugstore makeup picks:

Moisturizer: Simple Nourishing 24hr Day/Night Cream

Brushes: Real Techniques 2-in-1 case and stand

Foundation: Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation, normal to oily, by Maybelline

Concealer: Face Studio Master Concealer by Maybelline

Finishing powder: Revlon PhotoReady

Bronzer: Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil Bronzer by Physicians Formula

Powder blush: color: tea rose #08, by Milani


Eyeshadow: “The Nudes” palette by Maybelline

Eyebrow powder: Brow this Way by Rimmel London

Lip liner: Precision Lips, color: soft blush, by Boots No7

Lip gloss: Super Lustrous, color: super natural, by Revlon

Eyeliner: Waterproof Ultra Liner, color: black, by Maybelline

Mascara: Voluminous Carbon Black by L’OrĂ©al Paris


You can read the article on Yahoo! Personal Finance page and also check me out in the video:

6 Must-have Drugstore Beauty Products Under $10

I hope you enjoy watching the video! This was a wonderful experience that pushed me out of my comfort zone and I am so proud of myself for overcoming my fear of public speaking and being in front of the camera. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

1 comment:

  1. I have to try these out, especially the Maybelline Fit Me Matte keep hearing about it.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete