The main focus of your kit is obvously makeup, but there are additional items that are key in a professional makeup kit. Besides makeup palettes, foundation bottles, primers, lipsticks, glosses and liners there are additional must haves.
Below is a list of items I carry in my kit aside from cosmetics:
* Brushes- not just one set, take an addtional set if you are working on more than one client
* Skin care-eye cream, moisturizers for each skin type, toner/witch hazel, Evian spray or water in spray
* Removers-makeup wipes, makeup remover, Sens'eyes
* Disposables- disposable mascara wands, disposable makeup sponges, q-tips, tissue, paper towel roll, cotton rounds and cotton balls
* Tools- tweezers, mini scissors, eyelash curler, pencil sharpener & nail clippers
* Lashes-full strip lashes, individuals, lash glue
* Nails- polish remover, clear/nude, red and black polish
* Cleaning- hand sanitizer, baby wipes, brush cleaner spray, alcohol in spray bottel, Beauty So Clean
* Skin/Face extras- vaseline, argan oil or baby oil, eye drops, blotting paper, lip scrub, baby powder, body lotion, lip balm,
* Misc Extras- hand held mirror, hair clips to pin hair back during makeup application, mints, protein bar, water/Gatorade, also a plastic bag to dump all of your trash, mini towels to set on table prior to setting up
* Business Cards- these are a must and are a great way to network and keep in contact
These are the things that I carry in my kit, not mandatory but do make your job a lot easier and make you look more professional. Also, a clean kit is appealing to the client and can make or break your deal. I hope this has been some help in those individuals starting to put their professional kits together!