Monday, August 17, 2015

Minimalist Beauty at the Beach



One of the most important things to do as a makeup artist is to be well prepared for on-location shoots, which is pretty much shooting outdoors: at the park, on the streets, on a rooftop, on a beach-anywhere outside, not in a studio.

Some important products that I carry with me (besides my basic kit and set bag)  for beach shoots are:

*Spray Sunscreen (everyone on set usually takes advantage of this too lol)
*Lip balm with sunscreen
*Sunscreen for the face
*Baby wipes
*Umbrella
* Hat & Sunglasses (for yourself)
*Paper Towels to blot off extra perspiration on models

I had a great time shooting with a fun team for this beach editorial. The model Alexa from The Society, is very fair so the products mentioned above aided in not getting sun burned.

To ensure extra protection, I used Murad Oil Control Mattifer Lotion with 15 Spf and Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum 30 SPF.

Model: Alexa @ The Society
Photographer: Jason Laswell
Wardrobe: Nicolas Eftaxias
Hair: Yianni Tsapatori
Makeup & Manicure: Maria Ortega (me)
















No comments:

Post a Comment