Tuesday, August 25, 2015

She's Got The Moves Like Jagger



I recently had the opportunity to work model Kailah at Major Models. She has an amazing hair cut and  a stunning face. I always love doing makeup and hair on models that can easily slip into an androgynous mood and pose like a dude yet still look beautiful. Kailah totally reminded me of an androgynous Mick Jagger.

Like I mentioned previously, she has dope hair and I opted to keep the same type of texture. When she arrived at the shoot her hair was a little wet and sweaty. So I opted to spray wet a little more, add some Kevin Murphy Body.Builder mousse hair mousse, dry with my T3 Micro blow dryer and a blow dryer "sock" or mitt diffuser. I then took my T3 Micro Whirling Wand and loosely spiral curled hair in different chunk sizes, alternating between going forward and backward with the curls. Her bangs were blow-dried with a boar bristle  round brush. Using my hands and fingers, I loosened up curls and had her shake hair aka whip her hair back and forth. I set flyaways with Kevin Murphy Session.Spray hair spray.

For her makeup we kept it bronze and smokey using Murad skin care to prep and Chantecaille Beaute on her face.

Skin: I used Chantecaille Future Skin foundation in Vanilla, Concealed with Le Camouflage Concealer under eyes, and to spot cover where needed. I applied Chantecaille Radiance gel bronzer to sculpt face, Demure cream blush and set with HD translucent pressed powder from Chantecaille.

Eyes: I used a shadow palette to apply shadow on lashline, Patchouli color on lash line and blend and smudge upward, Shale shadow on crease and outer edge and defined with Patchouli on outer edge and under eyes. a mixture of Shale and powder foundation on her lids. Mascara, two coats on top lashes.

Lips: I used Demure creme blush mixed the concealer and topped with Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream-all applied with a lip brush.

Check out the images:

Model: Kailah @ Major
Photographer: Jordan James
Wardrobe: Melissa Roca
Makeup/Hair: Maria Ortega 












No comments:

Post a Comment