Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Makeup & Skin Care Regimen


 

I keep my personal use skin care and makeup separate from my kit. I do not use what I have in my kit on myself or vice versa. Before I became a makeup artist, I was a makeup junkie. I loved to walk into Sephora and purchase all of the new makeup products that came out into the market. I have always been a lipstick lover. Now, I don’t use as much makeup because I am always busy and on set for long periods at a time and the last thing I want is to feel like I am wearing pounds of makeup during long shoot days or on early call times.

Skin care is something I am very passionate about and never skip out on. It is also a big part of the makeup application on others, I spend about half of my time on set making sure I go through a proper skin care prior to makeup application.

Skin Care Regimen:
When I use eye makeup I use Make Up For Ever Sens’Eyes to remove it. I then use Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil to gently break down makeup and rinse. I follow with my Clarisonic and Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel. After patting dry, I use a cotton round to tone with Clinique 3 Clarifying Lotion (toner for combination skin).For eye cream I am currently using Philosophy Eye Hope. Next, I proceed with NARS Optimal Brightening Concentrate followed by DDF Moisturizing Dew.

Weekly skin care routines:

Boscia Black Mask,  Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion In A Jar (exfoliator)

 Everyday Makeup:
Nars Tinted Moisturizer or Cargo Tinted Moisturizer, Kevyn Aucoin pressed powder, Nars blush and highlighter. Anastasia brow powder in Brunette. I cannot live without bronzer and use Smashbox Suntan Matte.  I always wear bold lipstick. More often than not, I rock bold, matte lipstick colors. My favorite hues are bright red, orange, purple, lavender, hot pink and burgundy. The lipstick brands I usually use are: YSL, NARS, Kevyn Aucoin, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics and MAC.  My favorite mascara is Benefit They’re Real and Maybelline Falsies.  White eyeliner in my waterline is one of my signature trademarks and I use Kevyn Aucoin pencil.

I also use eyeliner on top lid/lash line from time to time and use Kevyn Aucoin liquid pen liner or Lorac liquid pen liner as well.

 Foundation:
When I do use foundation I switch it up between my favorites: Nars, Givenchy and Chanel.  I also set these with Kevyn Aucoin pressed powder or the loose powder. Depending on my mood.
Shadows:
I am a neutral, matte eyeshadow kind of person. I use Bobbi Brown, Kevyn Aucoin, MUFE and Inglot shadows on myself and I also adore my Mehron Neutral Matte shadow palette. If I do opt to use shimmer on my lids I use Chanel and YSL eye shadow quads.

 
*Photo of me taken by photographer: Eduardo Acevedo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment